Glass (or “glazing”) provides multiple levels of protection to framed pieces. -When installed correctly the type of glass you choose can protect your treasures from fading and environmental pollutants. Expressions will provide you with several options in both acrylic and glass. Our staff can advise you in regards to which option is the most appropriate for the item.
There are a variety of factors to consider when choosing your glazing. To assist you in your decision here is some information about a few of the glazes we carry. Our Frame shop carries Tru Vue glazing. Proven to be a top quality glazing for framing for over 45 years.
99% UV protection: We’re 100% positive you will appreciate it. Framing is an art. Preserving what’s behind the glazing is a science. With 99% UV protection, conservation glazing is engineered to keep damaging rays off precious artworks, keepsakes and collectibles, so they can remain on the wall or on display to be admired and cherished for years to come.
- The Masterpiece of protection is Optium Museum Acrylic® is the ultimate glazing product that performs more like glass than acrylic. This
stateof– the-art acrylic product provides 99% UV protection to help protect against fading, static, shatter resistant adndurable. is optically coated. Tru Vue
- has a proprietary coating process using Magnetron Sputtering technology that creates a nearly invisible surface.
Like mostacrylic products, Optium Museum Acrylic is half the weight of glass and is shatter-resistant. However, unlike typicalacrylic sheets, Optium Museum Acrylic performs like glass with its anti-static and abrasion resistant features.
- Museum Glass: Nothing ruins the viewing experience of a piece of framed art like annoying reflections and glare. Anti-reflective glass eliminates distracting reflections while enhancing clarity for a viewing experience that’s unlike any other. With anti-reflective Museum Glass, no detail is lost. Colors appear true. And you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that what’s behind the glass is protected.
- Conservation Reflection Control is different from the invisible finish of an anti-reflective glass product, Conservation Reflection Control is chemically etched to create a matte finish that scatters light to reduce unwanted glare. It provides a softened view of the work being framed. Additionally, this product provides 99% UV protection to help protect against fading.
- Conservation Clear looks like regular every-day glass. However, the 99% UV protection. can double the life of your art.
- We also carry a variety of Acrylic glazing, which is better known as “Plexi Glass”. We can help you decide if this is the correct option for you based on the size and destination of your piece.
Currently, there is not